International Builder Show Showcases two-story town home designed to show the wide variety of design options.
Orlando, FL (PRWEB) December 18, 2004 -- Twin two-story townhouses will
command center stage at the January 2005 International builder show in the IBS
show village. At the invitation of Professional Builder and Reed Business
Information, Nationwide Custom Homes has built two town homes showcasing
Building Systems and PATH (Partnership for Advanced Technology in Housing)
innovative homebuilding techniques.
The twin two-story town home models are designed to showcase the wide variety of design options and superior quality available with systems construction- and Nationwide Custom Homes. PATH, a public-private partnership for the advancement of energy efficient and environmentally sustainable building technologies, has played a pivotal role in the sponsorship and in the products used in the town homes. The town homes will give visitors a unique opportunity to see both the finished product and the behind-the-scenes technology. Guests will enter through an unfinished unit with exposed building products, and then tour a completed second home. The self-guided tutorial will allow visitors a before-and-after perspective of the integration of building systems and technologies.
The technologies included in the show home include:
• Optimized HVAC with heat pumps (14 SEER minimum)
• Tankless water heater
• Low-flow plumbing fixtures
• Home run plumbing
• Air admittance valves
• Low- or no-VOC paints
• Advanced framing
• Radiant barriers
• Bamboo flooring and recycled content carpet
• High wind-resistant asphalt roof shingles
• Flexible framing straps
• Fiber-cement siding
• Sprayed fiber or foam insulation
• Plastic composite exterior decks
• ENERGY STAR windows and doors
• ENERGY STAR insulation levels
• ENERGY STAR appliances
• ENERGY STAR outdoor lighting and at least 50 percent of indoor lighting
Each town home is 1628 square feet and in total is made up of 12 modular units. Each living unit comprised of three bedrooms and two and one half baths and showcases features rated ‘most wanted’ by today’s homebuyers. Such features include 9’ 6” ceilings, gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances, ceramic tile, solid-surface countertops, and an upstairs master bedroom suite. Among the latest preferred design trends incorporated in the new model are: elegant tray ceilings in the dining room, crown molding and upscale trim as well as interior columns and arched cased openings. In addition to these amenities a front porch provides ‘charm’ and ‘curb appeal’. The two-model town homes are easily accessible and will be located in parking lot C just outside the Orlando Convention and Visitors Bureau. Construction professionals will be available on site to show the town homes and to answer questions.
The town homes were constructed utilizing modular systems technology and were built to a 90% completion state in an environmentally controlled production facility in Arabi, Georgia. The homes took approximately 10 days to build and went through in excess of 300 quality inspections before being delivered to the job site. The town homes comply with all applicable Florida State building codes in addition to major national building codes. After the town homes arrived at the show village, they were lifted by crane onto a temporary foundation and fully finished by craftsmen on-site in approximately 7 days.
Many forecasters predict that this form of construction will grow at a much faster rate in the next decade because of the advantages it offers in terms of higher quality at lower cost since the homes are built in a controlled environment. Other factors causing many builders to switch to systems built modular construction include the growing shortage of skilled labor in many areas the country, faster completion and the positive environmental effects of reduced waste and noise pollution.
Nationwide Custom Homes is the Mid-Atlantic, South and Southeast’s premier systems home company, with headquarters in Martinsville, VA and production facilities in Martinsville and Arabi, GA. Founded in 1959, the company has produced over 30,000 homes.
The homes will be on exhibit from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm Thursday through Saturday and 9:00 am to1:00 pm in the Show Village.
“Luxury housing in a spacious two-story home reflecting the latest trends in upscale living preferred by move-up buyers.”
• Individually three bedrooms, two half baths, 1,628 sq. ft. of living space
• Highest quality throughout derived from systems construction in Nationwide Custom Homes’ state-of-the-art production facilities in Arabi, GA., where every home undergoes hundreds of quality checks prior to completion Key Features
• 9’ 6” ceilings on first floor creates a feeling of spaciousness without being overpowering
• Master bedroom suite on second floor
• Front porch provides ‘charm’ and ‘curb’ appeal
• Formal dining area Design Features.
• Interior decorative columns separating great room from breakfast room
• Palladian window over sink in kitchen
• Breakfast bar in kitchen area
• Half bath off great room
• 9 ft. 6 in. Ceilings on first floor
• Tray ceilings in dining room
• Decorative trim and crown molding
• Salem trim
• Interior columns and arched cased openings Luxury Features
• Laminate wood floors
• Solid-surface countertops
• Oak staircase and handrails
• High rise faucets
• Smooth-top range with downdraft
• Pantry cabinet for storage
• Stainless steel appliances
• Microwave/oven combination
• Appliance garage for the storage of small appliances
• Wine rack in kitchen
• Plate rack with decoration shelf
• Mullion glass cabinet doors
• Ceramic back splash in kitchen
• Ceramic tile in master bathroom
Floor plan and elevations available upon request
About Nationwide Homes:
Founded in 1959, Nationwide Custom Homes has produced over 30,000 homes. The company is one of the nation’s leading producers of systems built single and multi-family housing - the fastest growing segment on today’s homebuilding market. Nationwide is headquartered in Martinsville, VA with production facilities in Martinsville, Siler City, NC and Arabi, GA.
on-site cell: (540) 420-563
e-mail protected from spam bots