Log & Timber Frame Homes: Not Just Cabins in the Woods Anymore

The log & timber frame home industry produces sales of about 1700 new homes per month throughout the United States equaling sales that have more than doubled to $1.37 billion since 1988. These homes range in size from small hunting cabins of 800 square feet, to palatial homes in resort towns and communities all over the United States.

Syracuse, NY (PRWEB) February 3, 2005 -- Thoughts of log & timber frame homes conjure up images of backwoods living when America was at its infancy. Log & timber frame homeowners were known as the ultimate self-reliant people living off the land. Well, things have changed dramatically. Log & timber frame homes are now more popular than ever with consumers, architects and designers. In 2003 there were more than 500,000 log & timber frame homes used as primary residences in the United States.

The log & timber frame home industry produces sales of about 1700 new homes per month throughout the United States equaling sales that have more than doubled to $1.37 billion since 1988. These homes range in size from small hunting cabins of 800 square feet, to palatial homes in resort towns and communities all over the United States.

The booming log & timber frame home industry has spawned 400-500 manufacturers in the United States. The industry is broken down between handcrafted homes, built with timbers or logs individually crafted by handheld tools, this accounts for about 20% of the market. The remaining 80% are built with systems built technology and computer aided design.

Consumers with an interest in the log & timber frame industry will be able to attend a new series of shows this year. The Premier Log & Timber Frame Home Show, will open this March in Syracuse, NY, and will allow consumers face to face meetings with log & timber frame home manufactures who can turn dreams into reality.

The upcoming shows are also a large outlet for consumers exploring the industry as a career move. The log & timber frame home show will offer a dedicated seminar Friday of the show for parties interested in selling homes and moving into a niche line of business. The three-day show will have exhibits and the latest log & timber frame home products and have an opportunity to meet a variety of home manufactures and services such as mortgage, furniture, stain, and building companies.

The Premier Log & Timber Frame Home Shows kick off in Syracuse, NY, March 4-6. The log & timber frame home show brings inspiration, excitement and industry-leading advice, making it an event that must not be overlooked. To learn more about Premier Event Productions and the Log & Timber Frame Home Show, please contact: Eric R. Johnson, President - Premier Event Productions, LLC. (800) 745-8120 fax (518) 745-8788 or e-mail protected from spam bots

# # #

Source: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/2/prweb204625.htm